You’re In Good Hands
That’s why thousands of Missoulians have chosen our board certified team of surgeons for over 25 years.
As a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Dr. Matt Silva brings a unique whole-person approach to the Missoula Surgical Associates Team. He has several years of experience in both minor and major surgeries such as hernia repair and colorectal surgery.
- Robotic/Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Anti-Reflux Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Gallbladder Removal
- Temporal Artery Biopsy
- Port Insertion/Removal
- Trauma Surgery
- Venous Disease
Dr. Silva’s practice philosophy: “To treat the whole patient and nothing less. I take a patient centered approach when treating my patients to ensure the best possible outcome. I utilize minimally invasive techniques to help reduce post-surgical pain and improve healing. The goal is to help the patient get back to their normal way of life and I take pride in having the skills and knowledge to be a part of that journey.”
Dr. Silva earned his undergraduate degree from Washington State University and his Doctorate from Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his General Surgery residency at Oklahoma State University where he was named Chief Surgery Resident.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Dr. Silva has a strong passion to contribute to the advancements in the medical field. He has served on the following Committees:
- Advisor to Yakima Valley Community College Scrub Tech Program
- Infectious Disease Committee
- Physician Advisory Group
- DaVinci Robot Advisory Group Member
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor
Dr. Silva is associated with the following professional organizations:
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- Washington Osteopathic Medical Association
Dr. Silva’s teaching appointments include the following:
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences
When Dr. Silva isn’t caring for patients, he and his family enjoy spending time in the outdoors camping, hiking, fishing and hunting. You can contact Dr. Silva at 406.542.7525.